Photographs and the History
Abandoned Mines in Aomori


Ominato Mine

大湊鉱山は日本特殊鋼管の経営のもと、国内の資源開発と砂鉄製錬の工業化に向けて 1938 年に操業を始めました。
1943 年閉山

The mine commenced operations in 1938 under the management of Japan Special Steel Tube Co., Ltd. for the domestic resource development and industrializing iron sand smelting.
closure in 1943

View Details


Kamikita Mine

上北鉱山は 1940 年に本格操業を開始して銅鉱や硫化鉄鉱を産出し、戦時中は神風鉱山と称されました。
1973 年閉山

The mine produced copper ore and iron sulfide ore from 1940 and was referred to as "Kamikaze Mine" in wartime.
closure in 1973

View Details